Friday 16 November 2018

West Coast Athletics

West Coast Athletics

On Wednesday it was the West Coast Athletic Sports. I got through from school then I qualified at the Grey Districts so that's how I got to West Coast. 

I got through in every event except for discus. 

 First we had to walk down to the park from school.  The 1000m long dist was the first event but I didn't do that. Next we had the bye and after that I did high jump which I came 3rd  in. Then we had the 80m sprint which I came 2nd in. Then I done the 50m sprint which I came 2nd in. After that I had to do 2 relays, one for the year 5 and one for the year 6 teams.

 At the end of the day we walked back to school just in time to go home.


My results were:

 3rd in high jump,

 2nd in 80m sprint

 2nd in 50m sprint

So I got two 2nd's and one 3rd so I am through to Canterbury in the sprints.  I am nervous but excited for Canterbury! 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.