Thursday 23 April 2020

On the basketball court

On the basketball court 

 I'm running down the court as I see the basketball quickly getting passed down to the end I try to run faster, as I am running I look down and see all the different coloured lines all over the wooden ground. I look back up as the ball quickly switches straight through the hoop. I turn around and as quickly as I can run to go on defense… I see my mum, my sister and my dad all cheering me on. I stay focused on the game. There are a lot of people that are there and cheering us on with their red and white stripe pom poms bobbing up and down like fireworks . There are big basketball posters of professional basketball players on all of the walls in the stadium. It is on a Wednesday, we play every Wednesday for one whole season. It is cold outside because it is winter but I am hot because I am playing. I can hear all of the people cheering their teams on, also feet stomping on the ground as teams are playing. I look up and see the big long window that goes right across a corner in the room. I can see all of the people walking in and out of the gym sweating, and that is my special place.

This term we have been focusing on descriptive writing, this is my descriptive writing is on my special place, I did on the  basketball court  because when I am playing it makes me feel good. This is my second piece i have done this term. Since we are in lockdown the teacher had to give it to us over the Chromebook , how are you guys liking online working? Keep cheeking in on my blog I will be posting at least 4 every week.

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant Pyper. I wondered if your special place would have something to do with basketball!

    I can just imagine the game and the pressure and the heat inside the stadium after reading your piece. Well done.

    I'll keep an eye on your blog to see what else you post!

    Miss Panther

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.