Thursday 16 April 2020

Hide and seek

Hide and Seek 

Ready or not here i come 
I hear him and quickly duck down 
in the long wet itchy grass in the middle of the park
My legs get goosebumps 
Do not start itching he will hear you
He will never find me if i stay quit 
Did i leave the steaming oven on after i used it 
Don’t worry get low and be quiet
I hear his wet dripping shoe dragging along the ground 
The bushes blowing in the freezing cold wind
Babies crying as there mother running to there cars
He getting closer to me he is going to see me 
I whisper to him because he is my friend mike 
I say don’t find me make me win 
He gets a fright and looks at me and says 
Ok but when you are in you don’t find me
It was a dell He runs off as 
Water of his she flicks back on to my face 

And making water is fastly run down the grass


Here is my Hide and seek writing it is a poem. First we got given what to do and a expain of the poem then I started it. First i come up with were we want it to be I picked the park on a rainy day, then we had to say where we were hiding and what was the first thing that come to our carters mide. We also had to say what we could hear,who we are hiding from and what we can see. Here is my poem. Hope you feel like you are there.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Pyper,
    I love your Hide and Seek poem! You really have managed to create an atmosphere of tension. Some of your spelling is a bit dodgy but I could work it out and it did not distract from the awesome-ness of your poem.
    I think the last time I played spotlight was about 40 years ago so I would have really struggled to write a poem about it.
    Hope you and your whanau are all warm and safe during Learning from Home.
    See ya
    Mrs Gully

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.