Friday 7 May 2021

Letter to WW1

 Arthur

Gallipoli - Peninsula 

1914 4th May


Dear Arthur


Hope everything is going well over there on the other side of the world and it is not the pressure of only being 15 one of the youngest there just make sure to keep yourself safe and all the others from Japan. I try not to think about what is happening to you or what can happen, but I know that you are tough and will get through it and be home soon. 

Anyway back at home everything is going good, Dad is working hard like normal, Mum is always worrying about you and the garden of course but I think that she just does not want to face that carrots are not going the grow in all the rain we get in winter over here (just between me and you I am quite happy I don’t like carrots that much). 

Just know that you are making the family proud. We all miss you so much. 

Love from 

Polly and the rest on the family 


For writing this week we had to write a letter either being someone in war sending to their family or a family member write to someone in war. I chose to be someones sister from war here is my piece of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.