Friday 14 May 2021

Descriptive Writing

WALT: write a descriptive piece of writing.Today we will focus on the use of our descriptive language

-adjectives, verbs, adverbs, similes and personification.

When writing about one of the images you are pretending that you are there… What do you see, smell, feel, touch and taste



I sat on my chair and the sun was glaring off my skin making me really hot, I can hear the waves crashing along the shore as some boats fly past as some are going slow because they were fishing. My drink finally turns up it is bubbling and sparks are flicking up because all of the cold ice cubes, I pick it up being careful not spill any I take a sip and a cold chill runs down my body and stops at my stomach, it feels nice because it called my body down a little but I am still burning hot. My feet dig into the silky sand but I take them out as they start to burn. I am going to go for a swim in the nice warm salt water. I stand up and the sand is really hot. I run half way and stop and hang on the coconut tree for a while then I quickly run to the water to call my feet down. I see the fish quickly swim away as my feet touch the water.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.