Friday 31 August 2018

Writing to Describe

resource image

 This week for writing we have been writing about a picture. We had to choose to be one of the characters in the picture or the  person taking the picture. Here is the picture that I wrote about.  Who do you think I am being?  





WALT: Write interesting sentences to describe.



Finally the day was here, I can't take it anymore.
He was lonely and scared. It wasn't fair he was in the cold, raining, stormy weather and he couldn’t stay inside because he was too big.  I put him on the the leash and took him home. It was really hard for me, I thought that the tears would of come out but they stayed in. I was tired at 5km into the walk. I wished he was smaller so I could fit him into the car as the 10k walk was so hard. I had to pull him the whole way. He was lazy!


I talked to him the whole way.  It felt like every time I said I will miss you he got sadder. I looked up and I could barely see through the fog. When I walked into the zoo all I could see was two  Giraffes staring at me. At that point I knew that it was the parents. Tears ran down my face, some happy, some sad. I put him in the gate and took him off the leash. I knew that I could come and visit any time so I said goodbye to my yellow and brown spotted friend .


4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Pyper,
    What a beautiful piece of writing, you hooked me in as a reader and I felt emotional too. I think you are the little girl giving your pet Giraffe back to the Zoo and it's parents. 10km would be a very long way to walk pulling a Giraffe. It sounds like the Giraffe was a great yellow and brown spotted friend. Have you ever seen a Giraffe? I think they are such graceful animals.
    Tania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Tania
      Yes i have seen a giraffe it was at the zoo.It was a long time ago.

      Delete
  2. Hey Pyper. Its Ella here!
    I think that you are being the little girl that is holding onto the giraffe! I like all of the detailed words that you have used in your writing. I like how at the end you didn't just say friend you said my Yellow Brown spotted friend.
    Bye for now!
    From Ella.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Pyper Its Adison from Grey Main School Mamaku 2.
    Your work is so detailed I felt like I was the little girl walking the giraffe. There is nothing wrong with your work it was amazing. I did this peace of writing too. Thank you for sharing your work with us
    Bye for now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.